Above: a custom piece from the end of 2013 I’d forgotten to post about here. You can order your own custom-made embroidered vagina from the Scarlet Tentacle shop.
Things I’ve been up to recently: a photographic essay.
2. Taking selfies of me & the puppies I fostered for a few days. All they wanted to do was be held and cuddled and were perhaps the cutest puppies ever?
3. Putting all of the things in my bag onto my cat. It’s dreary work, but someone’s got to do it. For science.
4. Being RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED that my miter box arrived. Like, jumping up and down and squealing level of excited. GOTTA TAKE A SELFIE OF ME AND MY MITER BOX IMMEDIATELY level of excited.
5. Visiting Lake Tahoe for my partner’s business-related thing and hiking. Lake Tahoe is bananas-level beautiful; I hiked a few trails myself and ended up taking 20000% longer than I normally would have because I kept stopping and asking myself: how is it this beautiful? How is this real? And also: how am I so out of shape/blame it on the altitude.
6. Working on this project, Between a Butch & a Femme Place. It’s been really fun to get to work with fashion-oriented content and document some of my feelings about body image, gender identity & expression, and the like. It’s also been awesome to take reference photos of myself that don’t involve pin-up girl level contortions.
Not pictured: buying a refrigerator, spraining my fucking ankle just as I was closing in on running a 10k, fighting a winning but really difficult battle with depression/mental health, dithering over which California native plants to plant in my yard for maximum water saving (right now it’s weeds, and my neighbors hate me for it), adjusting to living with a roommate, asking the many random people sitting on my front stoop off to get off of my front stoop, etc.. You know, the usual. The winter show season took so much more out of me than it has in the past, so I’ve decided to take some time off to figure out what direction is next for Scarlet Tentacle.